Sun has recorded a podcast on the the open sourcing of Solaris Cluster and how multiple parties within the ecosystem will benefit. Highlights include:
- The seeding of open source from the Solaris Cluster product, namely Open High-Availability Cluster, and binary distribution of Solaris Cluster that runs on open Solaris.
- A three-phased approach starting with agents, followed by the geographic edition (disaster recovery), and then finally, the core infrastructure.
- How open sourcing of Solaris Cluster addresses a need in the system administrator development community.
- How an open-source set of tools can stimulate better conversations between application developers and deployers about making products do what they should, when they should.
- The release of the testing infrastructure to ensure that what has been developed actually works.
- Details of the open license.
» Listen to Podcast (MP3)