Q. How do I reset the root password when it's a ZFS filesystem?

Posted by : Dr. Root | 03 March, 2010 | Published in

Thanks, Shanker. I'm glad you found some of our previous tips helpful! :-)

About resetting the root password for a ZFS filesystem...

There's actually a comprehensive step-by-step guide on BigAdmin that should help you out. I haven't had the chance to test it myself yet. But the second example should do the trick in your situation, since you have another Solaris 10 installed on a second disk with a ZFS root file system. Drop me a line if you have any problems with this.

Step-by-step guide to resetting the root password for a ZFS filesystem:
http://bit.ly/8mgG32



Follow Ask Dr Root on Twitter and Facebook!



(0) Comments

Copyright 2005-2010, ask|dr.root, brought to you by Avnet Technology Solutions